Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Running Reflections

Hey guys, so i don't really tell amazing stories but i do have a pretty good one. My birthday was on Weds 13 of April. Big 21 baby!

The morning of my 21st birthday I woke up sober, which is not a common occurrence for most 21 year olds…so I decided to get some fresh air and go for a run on the outdoor track. Hmmm…I would definitely need my purse: with the components of my cell phone for my birthday calls, my state id with which I can in fact now buy alcohol if need be, my keys to my car/apartment room, and my sunscreen for the scorcher of a day it was.
...the problem was, where was I going to put this purse when I was at the track?
Oh dear, well, if I set it in the field, it is a brown color so no one should see it and i can keep an eye on it, right? Sure thing. WELL, on about the 7th lap around i lost track of my thoughts and floated into runner's “never never” land.
LAP NUMBER 8 – purse- GONE.
OH NO! This cannot be! Surely, I am mistaken. My Purse was NO where in sight! My birthday Calls, My id! EVErything, my life! RUINed.

Now this just sucked, I toppled onto to field in despair.
What to do, what to do.
Did you ever lose something or have it something stolen from you?
Awe man, the feeling is wretched. I began pacing, people staring, the hyperventilation...

As I sat down on the nearby bench, I tried to formulate a plan, as I also stared down every person who walked by. Would someone please just give me my purse back!
The tears started rolling, Damn it! Every expletive known to man flew through my mind. (And later i repented as my mother advised me.) What kind of bastard would do such a thing, yes this is PHilly but REgardless!
So i decided to take action, crying would get me no where. I was going to chase the hoodlem down, tackle him/her whomever it may be, and beat’em relentlessly.
Tackle'em? what was i thinking?
How would i find this culprit? GOD ONLY KNOWS.
So I set out on the streets of Philadelphia, pissed off.
Dear Lord, i just need closure, at least. But Lord, lead me to my purse.
I know it may sound silly, BUT I PRAYED FOR GOD'S MERCY THAT DAY- I got to have the faith the faith the faith.

I traveled about 5 blocks south...on a mission, crossed the street where traffic was jammed up and decided to head into center campus.
Just then, my eyes locked with a short Asian man.
We exchanged nods and I picked up the pace.
Just then he said, “excuse me miss! Were you not at the track earlier?”
WHY YES!
“Are you missing a purse?”
WHat? no you dont! YES! YES! yes! yes!
I said I was about to chase down a hoodlem!
He said “well praise God- there you go.”

We spoke a few words and i expressed my appreciation. Boy was i grateful, I can't even imagine the trecherous hassle that could have turned out to be. So Freddie was my Jesus in the form of an Asian trash collector. Who knows why he actually picked up my purse, but praise God my 21st wasn't a BUST!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home