Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

"This torch that I've found must be drowned..."

I'm not sure what that means because I don't know all of the words to this song Ella Fitzgerald is singing, but I'll look it up....www.lyricsfreak.com

"Youd never know it, but buddy Im a kind of poet. And Ive got a lot of things Id like to say. And if Im gloomy, please listen to me. Till its talked away. Well thats how it goes, and joe, I know your gettin Anxious to close. Thanks for the cheer. I hope you didnt mind my bending your ear. But this torch that I found, its gotta be drowned or its gonna explode..."

well apparently, this dude is de-pressed, and de-burdening upon the bartender as he drinks his worries away... so his torch represents his woes of life. ..he's just trying to get it off his chest so he doesn't have to suffer from some sort of explosive anger disorder... sounds like he's aware, good sign... the alcoholism is what I'm concerned about. He's uhhhh, drowning his woes in alcohol...unfortunately his philosophy is a bit half-fast contrived, because it's long term, ineffective. Harold Arlen and Johnny Mercer either felt down in the dumps during this writing session oR they just knew how many people out there might relate to this cognitive processing....the victim in the song, also, apparently wants a pretty and sad song. would that be a C Minor? And my next question is..is that really an effective coping mechanism? The minors tend to feel sad....so is the tune intensifying one's agony or is it an aid in expression that could be beneficial and conducive to emotional stability? like PopPop always says, "its not better or worse its just different." -one of my favorite quotes that seems to just sum UP EVERY conversation you might encounter. :P ...Those conversations that you're somewhat puzzled as to how to respond...those are my fav. Let's find a happy medium this time though, if the emotion spirals out of control, hit the next button, eh? Let's see, what's next...

Next iiiiiis Goo Goo Dolls, Iris....
"you bleed just to know you're alive."
Sounds like elf + cows + tilation.
(This is what we call a diagnostic riddle, level one.)
Further discussion required.
MAD GAB: "sell fa mute tele shun"

You wonder: what is this chick doing right now, anyway....
Answer: still at work, 6:36 PM, keeping Kristy company as she paints our Office Sign (looks professional too!) & Reading about Borderline Personality Disorder while listening to Boys II Men (and Baby Face.) "when you're body gets weak and you need some attention." yikes, there's another one! ...these songs that are near and dear really have some serious implications! next...

"I said Georgia, a song of you..." well it is now. 8.3 seconds ago Georgia was not on my mind...thanks Ray. Don't be reachin' out to other arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home