Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

MAY 25th

This was quite a day for all of us at the Cieslukowski House... the list of events below were entirely too involved to give an adequate portrayal of what kind of craziness was actually going on. I can't miss this opportunity of zombie-like creative-state to relay these quite-interesting happenings. I'll start with the first.

#1 It's a curious thing when you are applying for jobs that give minimal description...."summer job, weekends, call so-n-so, energetic personality!"
I thought to myself- self, why not?
Five hours later, at about the time Momma Chez walked in from work and started chowing down on some dinner, I received a phone call about my response to this ad... "Sooooo you're looking for a summer job? Well i have a great opportunity for you! The city of Harrisburg is implementing a new kind of public transportation system." (cool! i love being apart of something new!...) "We are building a team of athletic indivivuals who are able to transport customers around the city, from restaurant to restaurant and bar to bar, by bike."
BY BIKE?
"Yes, the hours would be 10 pm to 2:30 am, Friday through Sunday."
WHAT?!?!? GET OUT!!!
"Yes, ma'am this is a system implemented today in many major cities, one being New York, and having much success!" ....i couldn't believe my ears! Was this guy really calling me about taxi-ing drunks around, on a bike, in the middle of Harrisburg?!?! ....uuh, nooo..
...well, YES HE WAS!

As our conversation went into further detail i learned that 2 bicycle taxi's were currently OUT and ABOUT. so, how many women are actually taxi-ing? I was quite concerned. AND I was EXPECTING to hear CONCERN in his voice as well, but NoOOoOOooo. He was all FOR IT! ha! He wanted to rent me out a bike and go to it! I could pocket all the tips I received and this would be my earnings for the night! well, well! sounds like a... big FAT NO! ~oh, wow sir, this sounds like a great opportunity, let me think about it, and I'll contact you if I decide this is a good match for me! Riiiiight, good match?! I'm sure this is my calling in life! I'm sure it's a good match to cruise around Harrisburg, bicycing, inviting those stubbling out of bars to hop on back! "Where can i take you next, sir? 10 feet south, to the next bar? that will be one dollar and twenty-three cents! It was a pleasure doing business with you! I'll be around if you need a lift to the next bar! Who does that? I kind of want to do it once just to put it on my resume of past job experiences.

Dear Lord, if I'm mocking my calling in life, forgive me.... (I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear on that though!) ....Protect those B-taxi's For Goodness Sake! Who knows what kind of dark alleys these folk may need to be B-Taxied to at the end of their night of debauchery!

B-Taxi?!?! saay whaaaaaaaaa???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home