Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The depths of a man's heart is like deep waters...It's Graduation Sunday at Cumberland Valley Church. I wish I could be there. To the Church:

Wow, what to say, there are many of you with this letter before your eyes who have known me since I was three feet shorter and maybe a few inches narrower! As the years have passed we have all grown, the community, friendships, our families, your children, you, and the church body.

Growth is quite the beautiful process! How lovely it is to watch, to admire. What a gift it is to be apart of the life and development of a child! Being the youngest, and far away from relatives, I really honestly have few children in my life to watch grow...

The first to come to my mind are the Miller babies living across the street from my former home. When I babysat them last week I was overwhelmed with awe and wonder at their growth. Dave and Julie, you two are awesome people and wonderful parents. I am amazed at your diligence, your energy (though I am sure you do not always feel so energized), and your faith! Parents with small children always amaze me with their selfless patience. I only hope to be so generous with such a compassion and gentleness.

As for me, God has transformed me in many ways. He has renewed and strengthened my faith, my understanding of grace, and my desire to know him (time and time again). He has refeshed my vision and broadened my perspective.

I trust that where he is taking me now, New Jersey, is where i will continue to grow in knowlegde and understanding of his Mercy and Love. ~What I will be doing is working with a counseling agency, sharing the love of Christ and facilitating growth and maturity in the lives of America's youth and families. My vision is broad, but howwever I can effectively serve God, I pray that He would do his will for my life. Thank You CVC for supporting me, praying for me, and allowing me to be apart of your lives. May God Bless You for loyalty to the ministry and love for Christ. Mom and Dad, I love you more than life itself. :] It will surely take an eternity for me to repay you your faithfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home