Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm tryin' out something new...
I didn't want to do it....
But I felt like I owed to 'em...

http://www.myspace.com/candichez

This is my MySpace site. Wow, isn't it crazy these days how one's voice can be heard all over the world, all across the web... Just what can be done on your home computer, and just how much time one can spend doing these things... I don't consider myself to be a TOTAL loser but i DO have a myspace, a blogspot, and a facebook... wowzers. Do I have a life? I'm trying to figure that out currently! But before I figure anything out I have to write a paper for school. YES, school, in the summer. It's annoying, tell me about. I'm creating a program for churches on how to communicate to youth, girls between the ages of 12-14, on sexuality. IT's a Monster project.

Don't you think the church is a little childish about the subject? I think so. There's not too much open-ness going on. And what an important ASPECT of existence. Kids can't be learnin' their stuff from the streets and their friends. no nooo nooooo. So the church should step up, and stop acting like it's suuuuch a big deal. It's all in how you approach it. I mean it is a big deal... but no need to get squeamish and squirmish.

What's my beef again? Why do I have such a negative opinion of how the church handles this? My youth group was fine about it. Maybe it's that those who do not prescribe to Christian Theology view Christians as extreme prudes and condemning of their actions so they EXAGgeATE what the church promotes (painting a ridiculous picture) in order to make themselves feel better? And somehow I retained that opinion as my own by accident? mmmmm. Though there are those out there who are ridiculous, of course. Is CVC ridiculous? Pastor Fred was open with me when we discussed the issue. And the man always seems to slip in that fact that women need to dress modestly!... he could be talking about anything from the Wall of Jericho to The Rapture, and someHOW he fits it in! If you read this PF, know that I respect you and that I do agree. Is this A HUGE problem in the church? It's definitely something to talk to teenage girls about...

OPENneess, openness, is what I looooOOoOOG foooorr....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home