Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Silliness

When I was a silly sophmore in high school, I always had a silly crush on some upper classman. Dave Renard was my long lasting high school crush. He's married now to an awesome Ohioinian annnd they appear to be very happy. Awesome!

Nicole Heiges, she was always pulling for me. The 3 of us watched Green Mile together. Who in their right mind could focus on the movie?? Not I said the silly girl! I still don't know what happened. I remember the big guy exploding into pieces, that was pretty sweet. ...But I was just a lowly underclassman! Darn to being born to late! I will say it was a random occassion to see him after 4 years at Hershey Park.

So anyway, my date was in the restroom while i was at the food court eating strawberries and chocolate, when all of a sudden I heard the sound, "Candi!" coming from my right side. Knowing that I could see anyone from my 20 years of existence in the area, I wasn't surprised, but I couldn't make out the voice and I searched, scanned around me and what do you know, at the table right beside me was Dave Renard... his wife... and family! No way! I really enjoyed talking and hearing what was up with them the past few years! Although, how could he get married to a woman he never took to Farmer's Fair? That is like a rule! Pickle citizen etiquette! And you call yourself a native Dillsburgian! Whatev! Seriously, you know its official when you hold hands at the Farmer's Fair Parade. That's where it all happened for my bro-Brian and Corrie. Aaaawwwe. :] And that was when we knew it was all over for Bri!

High school crushes. High school hormones. Hey, my hormones were more in check then most of the teenagers around me. How did that happen? ...Devotion to purity, and the understanding that getting to close to the pretty fire at the wrong time, will incinerate ya bones! I do beleive that I learned a lot in Youth Group, Life Center Ministries. Many of my friends tell me now that they think the church is a little weird. And I will vauch that its unique and at times questionable, but I just know I learned soo much about God, spirituality, God's Word, and people in general within that church body. If I recall correctly I remember listening to at least 5 "talks" on sexuality. The first one was when I was in 7th grade. I was like, do I really need to be here for this? Maybe I shouldn't be here for this.. but I was too curious, I hadda! Brian Leach did a superb job on relaying the message that Wednesday before Valentine's Day. He said, "Sex is a beautiful gift!" and looked another married fellow, raised his eye brows and chuckled. It wasn't really a chuckle, it was more like laughing smile, insinuating intense gratification. So, of course, the mouths of me and my friends dropped about 6inches! ...He made talking about it interesting and fun/funny. Educators: just insert some humor and your good to go! ha. I can't wait to talk to my kids about sex. What an awkward subject for children to converse with their parents!
:] :} :]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home