Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Comfortable with Love.

"Love's the only house."
"But I do cherish you..."
"It's drivin' me mad, makin' me crazay."
"I think I love ya, so what am so afraid of?"
"is amazing, steady and unchanging"
"your love is a fountain, firm beneath my feet."
"Can't get enough..."

Martina McBride, Steve Miller Band, David Cassidy, Casting Crowns, Barry White, boy bands from the Pacific to the Atlantic... millions of artists and writers who have their own take on love's importance, troubles, and definition sing their perspective into our ears and hearts during almost every daily activity we perform. No one wants to admit it, but our minds become programmed with this constant input of opinions and false experience. What's one of the most irritating things on earth? Some people can't stand using cotton balls for that piercing cotton on cotton sound that sends chills, it starts in the ears, messes with the brain a little bit and sprints to reach the toes, throwing the individual in spasms. (I've seen it, & it's not pretty.) One of the most irritating things to me is when people aren't genuinely real with themselves. How can you liiiive like that? Beats me. I can't be going and judging other people's actions and experience. -We're all a certain way because of life, other's influence, our reactions, and then ultimately God's renewing grace, forgiveness and love. But if you can't be real about love or comfortable in love, you better find out how to be ASAP. You know that whole thing about "there's no fear in love"...well, as cheesy or unrealistic as it sounds, it's suppose to be true. And you know all those unrealistic things your idealist friends preach about love... ... Probably the most unrealistic and seemingly unattainable attributes of love are the ones we need the most.

I'm sticking with this theme for a while. So buckle your seat belts, love is crazy ride, mind boggling, humbling, no prerequisites, and just ordinary people ...and God has a lot to teach on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home