Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Is there a hell?

As a junior in high school my youth pastor gave a "talk" on what it's like to be in hell based on some of the Jesus' descriptions and other scriptures in the New Testament. But I remember wondering. What if there isn't a hell.

When I came to college I met this weirdo ~Kristy~ who wanted to be my friend for some odd reason. Unfortunately I came to college with the idea that I was not going to make a any new friends so that i could focus on my studies and be free of people and their drama. Somehow Kristy cracked my code, though it wasn't as easy task, and we became bethtest frethns. She and I read Mere Christianity together... and engaged in many a philosophical discussion.

Of course, we never came to a conclusion as to whether or not there is a hell. My next question is how many Christians would actually even contemplate the idea? Probably not very many. Are we a Different Kind of Christian than those from the previous generation? Mom is sure that there is a Hell. She said it might not be what everyone thinks that it is, or exist in the same form as what people tend to think....but ~there's a hell.

Fall 2002: K & C:
Is there a Hell? Well, maybe Hell is just the absense of God, but if God is everywhere, but he can't be in Hell, then maybe hell is the absense of existing at all. Wouldn't that be Hell? On judgement day when The Lord's glory is revealed in all it's fullness. Too see it... and then know what your going to miss out on? Or will they not even realize it? Would their desire for power and self-glory obscure their recognition of truth anyway?

Or is God's presence in hell -and that's what makes it even more unbearable, you can feel His Power, but can't participate in His Glory. Now that's Punishment. Eternal Punishment.

OOR is hell merely a scare tactic of evangelism? Now that's a terrible thought. But some proclaim their salvation and the first words out their lips is, I don't want to go to hell! The imaginative/internal mouth in my mind DROPS, hopefully it doesn't show on my face too much. That's just not the point of religion....oh hell. i dunno. :]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home