Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Decide to Laugh!
.......I just laugh at people.
especially when they overstep their bounds.
Do they know how ridiculous they appear? Do they know how inappropriate they are behaving? The answer is sometimes yes and sometimes no.
But I say! -laugh! instead of getting angry.
because does anger really convey humility and truth?
...I reacted the other day -with an evident twinge of annoyance when someone I was with made a rather rude comment that merely portrayed she "woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I flashed her a look of disapproval because her comment was arrogant.
Should I have taken disapproval into my own hands?
She later apologized for her uncouthness to the group.
so the question is: was it the human disapproval that prevailed or a disapproval of another kind?
I could believe that my milisecond glare caused her to re-examine her entire life approach.
ummm, no. most times we give ourselves to much credit in dealing with the hearts of others. We can't change people... we can gently guide. Others can't change me, that's for sure! there are so many different points this conversation touches on, but the one that hits home to me, in right field just next to the foul line, issss, God changes hearts, not humans.

P.S. Laughing isn't always appropriate either however... it can blow off the first layer of annoyance and give you a chance to decide how to react?

Slow to become angry with a gentle stream of words....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home