Sojourner's Cerebrations

just another sojourner... these feet are not my own, these hands are merely just on loan, they were made to be used and make love known, a fruit of a seed once long ago sown... and though the sojourner carries on as the wind is blown, she knows that she's never ever ever alone.

Monday, September 18, 2006

So............you're at your grandma's house with your younger cousin. She's 9 -the cutest little button u'll ever see & quite the drama queen! It's 10 o'clock, man! why are you so tired?
That freakin' yard sale took a lot out, but i think Apples to Apples really did everyone in, especially Shannon.
A2A really brought the fam together that night, an intergenerational activity -FUN FOR ALL! ...we had a good time: a little chess, a little scrabble, some soakin' it up in the hot tub, A2A, talkin' and then- hugs and kisses.

But now the festivities are over and we find ourselves at the "soon to be no longer MacBain Home": Poppa C, he's trying to hold at least one eye lid open for the whatever-science-fiction movie he happened upon. Mom and Mom to the 2nd power, they're chit chattin' about packing arrangements... and PopPop? 'Lord only knows. :P He came to check on Shanon and I once or twice. So what can the two little ladies of the house be up to? Oh Joy.
"Candi, do this with me, no this... no that."
Darlin', I'm tired. ......why don't we write a poem together?
"ew, no. that's boring!!!"
Boring! My heavens, child! (Boring? She was obviously just ignorant to the joy of creative writing! well, in that case, how could i not? She needed to be enlightened!)
However. Let me tell ya, this is one adament little chick.
So, we played Chess instead...
first move: pawn -front of the king: 1 pace.
second move: left horse: up 3, over 2. ....it was just as Shannon was pondering her next attempt toward victory that I slipped open my notebook and starting jotting some rhymes. Somehow she became aware, my heart stopped... and as she peered over the table to see my blantant opposition to her wants, dreams and desires, she attacked! Ripping the notebook from my loving finger tips and into her anxious hold, she was anxious all right... anxious to eradicate any evidence of my quest for mutuality, relaxation, and even an educational experience!

...time for bed....(based on a true story...and to be continued.) :) Love ya Shan.

Okay so finally months later...the continuation is resumed!! ~It is Wednesday September 5th 2007, my day off!!!! I love days off from the working world... the corporate world is totally not my thing...

Shannon and I decided on a rap...

Hey, hey dogs we're trying to rap here,
Even though Shannon's made it very clear here.
She's not into rappin', snappin', or nappin',
And if she's not happy don't think it'll happen.
She won't even let me, bet me, or accept me,
Take your hand off your pawn, and lenient she won't be,
No my cuz, Shannon she fires like a cannon,
She's over there strategizin', organizin', plannin'...

My older cousin Candace is rappin' over here.
Her nickname is Candi but she's not always sweet,
Sometimes she's out rappin' on the street.
But she's still my cuz and that's what makes her cool.
She's tryin' to win chess right now but that's not gonna happen
If she's not gonna be strategizin', organizin', planning',
If she's not going to be paying attention to the game,
Me and her are at a tie, so I say get to work!
My cuz Candi can be a jerk!
The game is done-and Candi has won.

WORD.

come on? how classic is that? that's
stayin' in the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home